• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

namerd

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Last night when I came home from work (about 12:30 am) my roommates who are still in college had a pretty large party at our house. I saw a few cop cars around the block and started kicking people out and telling them they had to leave "now!" No more then 3-5 mins later there were 2 cops in our fenced in back yard. They (the cops) were asking for owner's of the home and I went up to them to explain that I just got home from work not more then 5 mins ago and I was in the process of kicking everyone out. With the two police officers was the Dean of Students from the local University and she was demanding (to the cops) that they issue me a ticket. I'm no longer a student (finished school in Dec.) so I'm not quite sure why she was demanding that I was issued a ticket. I was then issued a ticket for disorderly conduct because of the noise. I went to the police dept. to get a copy of the police report, and was told I could not have it until after my court date (about a week away).

I'm not sure if this matters but here are some facts.
*We (myself or my roommates) were issued no warnings
*I am not on the lease for the home (but i do pay rent)
*The police came into our 7 foot fenced (solid wood) and gated back yard with out asking
*I JUST arived home (have time card from work and witnesses)

The fine is only $140.00. But I have no record (one speeding ticket 5+ years ago) at all and wish to keep it that way. What are my options?

JETX

"What are my options?"
*** At this point, you have two options:
1) Plead guilty and pay the fine, or
2) Appear in court on the date/time shown and plead not guilty. Since this is a misdemeanor, they may not reset the date of your hearing, so be prepared to present any defense that you plan on presenting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">