• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disorderly conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nando

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
New York (where it occurred)

I was outside of a club with my boyfriend and 4 of his friends. A girl exited the club with her boyfriend. He was screaming at her and forcefully holding her arm. We all saw that this guy spit tons of beer in her face and she began screaming "Help me! Help me! Keep him away from me!" I went up to the girl and asked her if she was alright to which she asked me to keep him away from her b/c she was afraid he might hit her as he as done in the past. she asked me to help get her home alone b/c he was bothering and frightening her. I attempted to hail a cab for her but the boyfriend kept following her and trying to grab her. He was becoming increasingly hostile and angry (he was also very drunk). My boyfriend saw that this guy was becoming more hostile and decided to be close to me in case the other guy would get violent. This other guy (violent one) shoved my boyfriend away and hit him. My boyfriend hit him back until we heard the cop's sirens approaching. My boyfriend raised his arms in the air to make sure the cops saw he wasnt fighting. During when my boyfriend's arms were raised the other guy bit his neck and left a scar (we photographed it) and also left scatches on his face. The cop asked me and the girl what happened and we both explained the situation. The cop was kind to us and my boyfriend was very angry with the other guy. However, the cop still gave a little pink ticket to my boyfriend for 'disorderly conduct' even though he wasnt fighting he was defending himself. The other guy intiated the fight to which witnesses can testify to. There is a date set for a summons for my boyfriend and the other guy, Please let me know what will happen in every possibly situation. Is there a chance my boyfriend can get in trouble/ receive charges even though he didnt really do anything? Afterall, the other guy left bite marks and scratches on my boyfriend. The other guy also intiated the fight. The girlfriend of that guy also told the cop that he had been physically violent before with her but never pressed any charges for that. What does this situation look like?
please advise!! im really nervous!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">