• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disorderly conduct a felony?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JimShue

My husband was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in a bar in Arizona. He has a concealed weapons license but didn't know it was illegal to carry in a bar. It was stored in the lower back of his pants. A couple of guys had started arguing with him a bit and one of the guys pushed him. The gun slipped down his pants (it wasn't in a holster) so he went to pull it back up- the bouncer thought he was pulling it out and attacked him grabbing the gun out of his hand. When the cops arrived my husband was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and endangerment. The case has finally been filed but the charges were changed. It's now disorderly conduct but a class 6 felony. I'm confused because I thought disorderly conduct was a misdimeanor. Can it be a felony? And any advise on how to get the video tape that the sheriff put into evidence from the bar. We believe the video will show that my husband was pushed and that he didn't pull the gun out nor threaten anyone with it. Is there any way that my husband won't go to jail or prison? we are really stressed any advice would be greatful thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">