• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct Incident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crosbyst

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was at a party and this girl was upset so she left and went to her car. Her friend told me I should go talk to her so I went out and did. It was just us then one if her friends came in and I moved to the back, the upset girl was in the drivers seat, and the other girl was in the passengers side. We were parked on the side of the road, car was off, and at the red light behind us there was a cop. For some reason the girls got out and switched seats in case the police came to the door because the upset girl was drunk.

So the cops ended up coming to the car and as they were the upset girl now in the passengers seat gave me this mixed drink in a bottle and told me to get rid of it so I just dropped it behind the drivers seat and I believe they saw me drop it cuz they did end up getting it and dumping it out. But we were outside and were very polite to the cop and told him I had a few beers. Gave him my information and stuff and he told me and the upset girl that we weren't going to be getting an underage, so he gave us a disorderly conduct instead.

I guess my questions are what should I expect from this? Will I most likely be getting a fine or something? Also will this stay on the record and how serious is this? Another thing is I got an underage from my campus police a few months ago and the cop then told me to plead not guilty and I just got 20 hours of community service. So do you guys think that I could get in more trouble from this because of what I got before? I'm not sure if ill be going to the judge or magistrate but if I have to I'm also not sure if I'd have to go to the same one as before.
Will the incident before be on my record if it has been over with and didn't get charged (I think that's the right word).

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was at a party and this girl was upset so she left and went to her car. Her friend told me I should go talk to her so I went out and did. It was just us then one if her friends came in and I moved to the back, the upset girl was in the drivers seat, and the other girl was in the passengers side. We were parked on the side of the road, car was off, and at the red light behind us there was a cop. For some reason the girls got out and switched seats in case the police came to the door because the upset girl was drunk.

So the cops ended up coming to the car and as they were the upset girl now in the passengers seat gave me this mixed drink in a bottle and told me to get rid of it so I just dropped it behind the drivers seat and I believe they saw me drop it cuz they did end up getting it and dumping it out. But we were outside and were very polite to the cop and told him I had a few beers. Gave him my information and stuff and he told me and the upset girl that we weren't going to be getting an underage, so he gave us a disorderly conduct instead.

I guess my questions are what should I expect from this? Will I most likely be getting a fine or something? Also will this stay on the record and how serious is this? Another thing is I got an underage from my campus police a few months ago and the cop then told me to plead not guilty and I just got 20 hours of community service. So do you guys think that I could get in more trouble from this because of what I got before? I'm not sure if ill be going to the judge or magistrate but if I have to I'm also not sure if I'd have to go to the same one as before.
Will the incident before be on my record if it has been over with and didn't get charged (I think that's the right word).
Are you still underage?

Crosbyst

Yes I'm 19. And I talked to someone and they said to plead not guilty and pay the fine. Then have a hearing and I guess hear what the judge says. But I'm just wondering mainly what are the possible things I could have happen to me.

Silverplum

Yes I'm 19. And I talked to someone and they said to plead not guilty and pay the fine. Then have a hearing and I guess hear what the judge says. But I'm just wondering mainly what are the possible things I could have happen to me.
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/pennsylvania-law/pennsylvania-disorderly-conduct-laws.html

Penalties and Sentences
Generally, disorderly conduct is charged as a summary offense in Pennsylvania. This is a less serious charge than a felony or misdemeanor. It is not actually a criminal conviction. However, it will show up on criminal record history checks and for that reason, should be taken very seriously. A summary offense may receive a sentence of up to ninety days in jail and/or a fine of anywhere between $25 and $1,500 depending on the degree or severity of the summary offense.

This crime may be charged as a third degree misdemeanor if the defendant intended to cause serious inconvenience or substantial harm, or if he/she persisted with the disorderly conduct after being asked to stop. A third degree misdemeanor in Pennsylvania may receive a sentence of up to one year in prison and/or a fine of up to $2,500.

dave33

All you can do is hope for the best. You confessed to the crime that you are charged with, you do not have much bargaining power. In essence you already plead guilty. You should show up, plead not guilty and see what the offer is (hopefully it will be under the max. allowed by law). goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">