• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct - Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yardman

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

On a recent Sunday afternoon, I had a live band play in my yard. This was an event attended by several neighbors, of all ages (about 20 people). The event started at 3pm. About an hour into the event, a policeman arrived, stated he had received a complaint, and told me to "shut It down", and that he did not want to return. After 45 minutes of debate, we started back up. Around 5:30pm, a different offier returned and cited me for summary disorderly conduct.

I wish to contest the charge, based on the following:

1. The individual who filed the complaint is not a legal resident of the house that she called fro. Her father, who is, was asked prior to the event, by another neighbor, if he would have a problem with it,and he stated that he would not. I have a sworn statement from the neighbor to this effect.

2. The event was videorecorded. At one point, prior to the police arrival, a leaf blower can be heard, from a distance 3 times as far from the camera as the band. This leaf blower (which was, ironically, being operated by the complaintant) can be clearly heard, rivaling the music in a quiter moment, but still able to be discerned when the band was playing at their loudest. I feel this sheds doubt on the "unreasonable" aspect of the "noise".

Any thoughts?

racer72

Leaf blower noises are expected in a residential area, a live band is not. You are comparing apples to oranges. Other than that, you present no evidence the citation was not warranted. I would suggest you talk to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">