• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dispute with roommate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bettle

did i against the law when i hold a knife in dispute

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? NY State
hello
i am a new immigrator in Ner york
i have some conflict with my roommate recently because he alway play the music very loud.
today when i the third time knocked his door and told him turn down the music, we have a serious dispute and he did a threathen action to me.
i have a little out of my mind and go back my room to take a knife to protect myself. i held a kinef and against with him, until the landlord come to mediate. we did not have any body contact in this whole event

when i hold the kinfe, i keep staying my room and did not leave my room in this whole case
my landlord told me if my roommate call 911 at that time , i would be arrest and have criminal record
so i want to know that did i against the law when i held the kinfe at hand?

thank you so much

Andy

Last edited:

JETX

bettle said:
so i want to know that did i against the law when i held the kinfe at hand?
Pulling a knife on someone may be commonplace in your 'home country', but it is a crime here in the civilized world of the USA.

bettle

JETX said:
Pulling a knife on someone may be commonplace in your 'home country', but it is a crime here in the civilized world of the USA.
yes, the civilized world perfer using gun instead of knife.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">