• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disputing Disorderly Conduct Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

legalnovice

What is the name of your state? OH

This summer, while at a State Park I was issued a parking ticket by a park officer who -because I replied to his question "who parked the vehicle there?" with the answer of "I don't believe by law I have to answer that question?" decided to hand cuff me and detain me for "disorderly conduct" for not cooperating with an officer in an investigation. I was then issued tickets for the disorderly conduct charge as well as the parking matter (though I never admitted or confessed to being the person who parked the vehicle and am not the owner of it.) --Basically the officer let his unexplained anger control the situation.

My question is what is the best way to defend myself in court over this situation? AS I understand it, Disorderly conduct is not a charge that can be issued for aggravating an officer whether justified or unjustified, especially since only he and I were present at the time and no witnesses complained or saw my supposed "disorderly conduct"? Also, the parking ticket, since I never admitted to being the actual person who parked the vehicle, what defense should I offer against the ticket?:confused: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">