• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disturbing the Peace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ep32g79

WI

I was "arrested" today, on the charge of "Disturbing the Peace"

I was issued a warning, verbally at 12:13am, I agree, at that point is was too loud, the police officer seamed to be willing to give me a second chance, he was nice about it.
I turned down the TV. and continued to study for my finals.

12:32am, this time 2 police officers came to my door, I let them in, the one officer said "I didn't want to come over again, but we received another noise complaint." ran a warrant check on my self and the other party that was with me. One of the officers went upstairs to talk to the complaining party. The other officer stayed down with me, and asked me questions. He agreed with me that the volume had been turned down and I quote him as saying "First time I came over, I could hear it out side a bit, this time, I couldn't hear it outside." The second officer came down and entered my apartment and began to rip me a new one if you will. He then left and told the other officer to issue me a citation, the cop who issued me the citation said "I don't want to do this, but we can let the judge figure this one out." 15 minutes later he came back with the citation and my license, I asked for his business card and we parted.

Now, my question is this, Would I have any chance in court with getting this fine dismissed and or reduced? If so, how would I go about it. what are the steps I need to take, and what should I have to be prepared to go to court?

I am a poor college kid who hasn't much money to foot a 200 dollar citation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is what I was charged with

Sec. 50.100. Things prohibited.

The following acts, omissions, places, conditions and things are declared to be public nuisances affecting peace and safety; but such enumeration shall not be construed to exclude other nuisances affecting public peace or safety coming within other provisions of this Code:

(9) All loud, discordant and unnecessary noises or vibrations of any kind which tend to cause or create a disturbance

D

Darin

the neighbor who called the police is the complainant. The citation was issued on behalf of the complainant and the officers are witnesses. Set the ticket for court and have the officers testify as to what they did or did not hear and let the judge make the final decision.

E

ep32g79

Will Both officers be there, or just the arresting officer?

A

aahlee

damn man......my top of the line loudest Disc Jockey headphones only cost me $149.

And you can get some excellent WIRELESS headphones for $100 far less then at ticket at 12:32 am...

12:32 am...not cool my man.

In case you didnt get the HINT: buy some good expensive headphones and take them and the recipet to court with ya and hope the judge will lower your fine or dismiss the ticket.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">