• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disturbing the Peace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelamarie

Disorderly Conduct

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice regarding the following. I have to go to court on Jan 10 regarding an incident where I punched my husbands girlfriend when she told me that she would not have to take care of him if I were to have done my job. The cops were extremely nice with me and gave me a disorderly conduct instead of 3rd degree assault. But I feel I was provoked, she pushed me as she was telling me that I wasn't tending to his needs and I don't feel I should have to plead guilty and pay a fine. Any help or advice of what I might or should be able to do would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Angie

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

angelamarie said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice regarding the following. I have to go to court on Jan 10 regarding an incident where I punched my husbands girlfriend when she told me that she would not have to take care of him if I were to have done my job. The cops were extremely nice with me and gave me a disorderly conduct instead of 3rd degree assault. But I feel I was provoked, she pushed me as she was telling me that I wasn't tending to his needs and I don't feel I should have to plead guilty and pay a fine. Any help or advice of what I might or should be able to do would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Angie
Heh. While I can appreciate your response, you were, in fact, guilty of assault/battery and you have not indicated any facts which might go toward a successful affirmative defense, i.e. self-defense. ("She needed it," while morally valid, is not a legal defense).

That being the case, you might want to expain the circumstances and throw yourself on the mercy of the Court, and I suspect you'll make out just fine (especially if you have a married, female judge!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">