• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a dmv record question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bagged123

What is the name of your state? CT,
I'm not sure if this is correct forum or what forum to even post this in, if anyone knows please advise.

It was brought to my attention that my x-sister-in-law is pulling DMV records of my family members. Now I'm not sure why she's pulling them since she does not work for the DMV were she is pulling the records from. So I have some questions

1) What can be found on a DMV record other then driving history and address?
2) Can she just pull the records without permission?

Now she works for the state of DE and for the DOC in the probation area. Is there anything I can do on this or can anyone pull records on anybody whenever they want to these days?

byrd42

Are you sure they are DMV records or is she pulling public records which would show any Motor Vehicle violations,etc. ?? If it's public records, then SURE anyone can access them.

Not sure about CT, but here in PA, DMV records can be pulled if you have the DOB, SS and DL# for a fee?

I am sure other's with come along, as to whether pulling DMV records is legal or not???

bagged123

re

Its DMV records. She works for the state so she pretty much as access to anything with a phone call. She's pulling the information in the DE, I live in CT though.

byrd42

You could go to the DMV website (www.dmv.org) and there it states you need to request a form to be mailed to you to request YOUR Driving Record History, which also requires your signature and 2 copies of proper ID and $20. But that would be YOU requesting it.

BUT as you said, she has access to the system. So I am not sure if what she is doing is legal?? I doubt it!!!

Wait for info. from others. I am curious too.

bagged123

thanks, I'm curious as well as aggrevated especailly if someone that works for a state agency can just pull peoples info randomly like that

Happy Trails

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=809&Q=244636

How can you be certain that what you heard is true?

The site above links you to the laws that cover who can access this information.

fairisfair

Its DMV records. She works for the state so she pretty much as access to anything with a phone call. She's pulling the information in the DE, I live in CT though.
what KIND of dmv records???

Do you mean traffic citations?

What EXACTLY is she getting?

I DON'T work for the state and I have access to "pretty much" all of that too. So what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">