• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have a criminal record??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bpaul

About 6 months ago me and some of my friends went into a construction site nearby late at night just to look around and walk through some of the structures. It was completely harmless, until some of them wanted to take some of the supplies. Anyways, I didn't want to take anything, but they took some nails, 2 by 4's, and a couple tubes of glue. Nothing big, less than $10 worth of stuff. While we were leaving some foot patrol were walking by and they stopped us. They found the stuff we had, took all our information and such, and made us take the supplies back to the site. We did everything we were told to do, there was no arrest, and the whole thing lasted less than an hour. The next day we went to the construction site because the police said they would give them a report of what happened. So we went there and apologized, they didn't seem to care at all. Anyways, they didn't press any charges, and nothing has happened at all since. No courts, no arrests, no fines, nothing. I figured this whole thing was pretty small, but I wanted to know if something like that would go on my criminal record. If so, could I remove it?

I live in California.

TYRIS

from what you've written, it sounds like a dead issue. i doubt if the police officers even took a report.

TYRIS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">