• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a right to my vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vartx

Texas. My neighbor who owns a towing company in my city expressed an interest in buying my SUV that has been down due to needing mechanical repairs. He wanted to take it to his local mechanic for a diagnostic to find out exactly what needs to be done. He told us that he would pay whatever the charges to do so. The diagnostic has been done ($93) but it has not been picked up and the shop is holding it hostage until paid. The neighbor is avoiding my phone calls. Can I pick up my vehicle and leave the shop to go after him for the money? Do I have the legal right to take back my property?

justalayman

You need to pay the garage and seek repayment from the guy you had a deal with. If you don't, the garage will be able to eventually place a lien on the vehicle and probably be able to sell it for money owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">