• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willis247

What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

I had a guy arrested for breech of trust yesterday.
I bought a car from this person and he was to do modifications to it to make it a "street car" and have it completed when I returned from a 6 month deployment. I wrote him a couple of checks while on deployment because he needed more money for parts. When I returned the car hadn't been touched and there were parts missing off of it. He kept giving excuses and I, like a domb ass, gave him more money just to get him to complete the car. He kept promissing he would finish but never did. It has been 2 years since I purchased the car from him and it is not done and I am out a little more than $14,000. I have copies of all the checks I wrote and the title of the car that has someone elses name on it, and Marine friend as a witness through all of this.

HomeGuru

willis247 said:
What is the name of your state?
South Carolina

I had a guy arrested for breech of trust yesterday.
I bought a car from this person and he was to do modifications to it to make it a "street car" and have it completed when I returned from a 6 month deployment. I wrote him a couple of checks while on deployment because he needed more money for parts. When I returned the car hadn't been touched and there were parts missing off of it. He kept giving excuses and I, like a domb ass, gave him more money just to get him to complete the car. He kept promissing he would finish but never did. It has been 2 years since I purchased the car from him and it is not done and I am out a little more than $14,000. I have copies of all the checks I wrote and the title of the car that has someone elses name on it, and Marine friend as a witness through all of this.

**A: Hmmmmmm, we need time to think about this a littile more.
Ok, we done thinking and yes, you need a lawyer.

willis247

HomeGuru said:
**A: Hmmmmmm, we need time to think about this a littile more.
Ok, we done thinking and yes, you need a lawyer.
With having the documents and witness, why would I need a Lawyer?
This is also the second breech of trust complaint filed against this person.

grasmicc

You only need a lawyer if you want your money back.

Getting this guy arrested, though fun, isn't going to get you your money back. In fact, it will probably hinder that effort.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">