• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need a lawyer? Federal Pretrial services once to setup an appointment for.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ebk2b

My crime was committed in Tennessee. It was a federal crime though. I counterfeited 1 $50 bill.

I am suppose to call and setup a meeting with the federal pretrial services officer. Since I already have this meeting, do I need to be represented?

and if so, will a federal public defender be enough or should I get an expensive laywer?

JETX

ebk2b said:
I am suppose to call and setup a meeting with the federal pretrial services officer. Since I already have this meeting, do I need to be represented?
It is always recommended to have legal counsel when facing serious criminal charges.

and if so, will a federal public defender be enough or should I get an expensive laywer?
Actually, you won't have that 'option to decide'. Simply, if you have the funds to afford an 'expensive laywer', you won't qualify for a publicly provided attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">