• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do they have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmmchnr

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was recently let go at my job for lack of performance at a car dealership. During my employment there I on accident had left some of the vehicles keys in my pocket and took them home (I know that I am not the only one there that does it). We did not have anything like keytrack or any type of key signout form so there is no proof that I had the keys. Anyways, a couple of days after I stopped working there I returned the keys back to work. They are now trying to prosecute against me for theft. They want me to pay for those keys being re-cut, because they were not there and for the labor of the techs having to re-cut them. Like I said I did not sign out for the keys in any form and they cannot prove that I had the keys at home. What can they do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">