• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beachdoggiedog

I was arrested for a fight with my stepson at the time he lied to the police. Since then I have obtained an affidavid that states he was the agressor and threw the first punch. Will charges be dissmissed? Will they file new charges against him? This accured in state of Ill.

T

Tracey

Show the affidavit to the prosecutor. With visions of the "were you lying then or are you lying now?" question dancing in his head, the SA will probably drop the charges. If not, argue self-defense & use the affidavit as evidence or to impeach the boy's testimony.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">