• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

becoza

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am subpoenaed for court as a state witness to testify against my husband in a misdermeanor charge of aggravated assault against a pregnant woman (me). This is my husband's 1st offense. I do not want to testify against my husband. We are working things out. The state attorney said that I will have to take the stand. I am considering not even showing up, but am concerned about the possble consequences. I don't know what is the best course of action to take to show up or not. If I do show, what should I say or not say? If you have any good recommendations, please respond promptly.

Thank you

H

hexeliebe

If you don't show up then wife-beating hubby will be visiting you in jail. PERIOD.

If you enjoy being hit then you have every right not to testify.

Before I sold my newspaper I covered a murder trial in a small Arkansas town. The husband and wife were 'working things out' after only one domestic violence complaint.

In fact, they were celebrating completing marital counselling ordered by the court with a six-pack and pizza. The murder occurred because of a fight over the last piece of the pizza.

So go ahead and 'work things out'. and next year you will either be dead, divorced or in an emergency room.

If this is the first "domestic violence" offense that he..or rather you have called the law on him for....and he is giving you the BS excuse that ....He didn't mean it, or that he is sorry, He lost control(I have heard them all, being in the same situation as you ...previously in my life)Please do not believe his BS!

So go ahead and 'work things out'. and next year you will either be dead, divorced or in an emergency room
Yes, I agree with HEX...Like I have said, I have been in it,.... Honey, IT DOES NOT GET BETTER!!

So what exactly did he do to you when you were pregnant?

What brought about these charges that you are so adamant about getting dismissed?

757driver

becoza

I think you need to "talk" with me.
Why? Because unlike my learned colleagues here (& I've heard it all before, too) there can be a happy ending here. While I would agree that the majority of cases go the way they say it will, not all of them do. I know from personal experience that you CAN turn the tide.
Let's face it, lawyers are mainly interested in your MONEY (that's fact!) NOT necessarily about you or your personal situation - again I am speaking from personal experience.
Look at it this way, just because the amjority of cases end up going to trial, does NOT mean they ALL have to & that the outcome is ineviatable. That is just plain short-sightedness & totally inflexible.
Send me a PM if you want to find out more & I'll tell you how to do it - and it won't cost you a penny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">