• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence...bond in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TheWife

My husband was arrested for Dom.Violence. Yes, I want to work things out. My question is on the bond it says no contact. Does that mean no phone contact also? I want to drop charges, but was told I can't. My daughter was also involved, she feels as I do. We want my husband to get some kind of A.A. treatment as condition of release. (Being that is the only time he goes nutz). Will they take this under consideration? Can they make me or my daughter testify? She's under 18, and his stepdaughter. She doesn't want to. All we both want is for him to get help. Could he do jail time? It would be a great financial hardship on us if he did. Sorry, for all the questions, any help appreciated.

R

REParker819

I cant believe you wanted to drop the charges in the first place. Obviously he did something wrong, and he should pay the price. It doesnt matter if he was drunk or not. How are you going to feel if one night after you let him back in he kills your daughter when he is "nutz" as you said?? Get rid of this loser. I agree he needs help with his drinking, but dont put you or your child(ren) at risk.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheWife:
My daughter was also involved

She's under 18, and his stepdaughter.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope for your sake that the father of this child is out of the picture, because if he finds out about this attack and you take your current husband back in, then that will be very good grounds to petition for custody and/or report you to CPS.

H

hound dog

I think you are the one that needs help. I know all batter women feels regret after the fact but what are you thinking during your attack. What role model are you setting for your daughter, have you ever heard of the word "cycle".Let me sum it up for you . Your daughter will most likley allow a man to beat on her becasue she has seen you put up with for so long. I know it will not be an easy road but you two can come together and do this.Not only will you be helping yourself but you will help your daughter as well .YOu will teach her that a man can not beat on women.If they do they will be put in jail. So tell her to NEVER tolerate a man beating on her. Before he gets help he has to want to HElp himself and it does not sound like he wants too.So do yourself and your daughter a favor MOVE ON!!!!!YOu will not get any better advice than that....

HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">