• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence Info Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sickandtiredoit

What is the name of your state? Alabama

First of all, please excuse my nervousness...I even misspelled my user name!!

I am a victim of Domestic Violence. My boyfriend (not any longer this time), was arrested for hitting me. This last arrest was his second arrest. He usually isn't the physical type of abuser...mostly emotional abuse.

I am sick and tired of putting up with him and we are through. My attorney (for the city) and someone from a women's shelter have suggested my ex receive 2 years probation, attend counseling and no longer have a gun permit. I want the maximum this time because I want him to hopefully learn a lesson from this.

My question....how does this affect him from a legal standpoint (i.e. getting a job, etc.).

CdwJava

I don't know why you are considered about his employment prospects, but any conviction can have a negative effect on employment.

Ultimately the prosection does not need your approval for anything they offer him. Whether you agree or not will not make much difference.

Attend court as needed and kick this guy to the curb. Any problems he has getting a job are his - he brought them on himself.

- Carl

sickandtiredoit

I guess it did sound like I cared about his job outlook, but to tell you the truth I almost hope he does have a hard time finding a job so maybe he will learn a lesson from this.

I also hope he gets the maxium sentence that can be handed down. Do you (or anyone else) know what the maximum sentence for Domestic Violence in Alabama is?

Thanks for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">