• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

donations for personal reasons legal or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melaniex

What is the name of your country? New Zealand

I would just like to know if it is legal or illegal to accept donations for personal reasons.
Personal reason being example:

Someone needs an operation and she is told it is one amount and people start helping her and giving donations for the operation, then she gets a cheaper operation set up is it legal for her to accept donations for that operation she was first asking help for and if it is legal can the people legally get their money back after they had donated to her?

Thankyou to everyone that can answer this question quickly for me and seriously please.

melaniex

I am asking about both.. Is it legal to ask for donations for an operation and accept donations and also is it legal for the donators to ask for it back and you have to give them the money back??

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">