• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking in Nebraska...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BeaverEater

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

Can someone tell me if it is legal to drink underage at your home in Nebraska? I've heard of this law before, but i'm not 100% sure of it.

M

maxim2

sure as long as you keep the blinds closed the music low, and no cops show up at your door.

B

BeaverEater

Wrong

It is legal for me to drink at the age of 18 as long as it is at my home residence. In Nebraska anyway.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So if you already know the answer, why are you asking the question?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I did a quick search, and found a summary which does indeed *imply* that you may consume alcohol at your place of residence. (What the summary actually said was that you could contact it - I didn't read the actual law).

However, if you are planning to use this as a defense with regards to your other post, there are some problems with that. First, your post says you and your friend "went out" and did some drinking, not that you were at home. Second, even if you were at your place of residence, only one of you would have been at home - so the other one was breaking the law no matter how you cut it. Finally, the fact that you *may* be able to legally drink while you're at home has no bearing on your stealing a stop sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">