• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drinking in public (California, Downtown Fullerton) Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redrumtri

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Fullerton, California

About a month ago me and a few friends went down to downtown Fullerton to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were drinking in the parking lot of the venue when we were all given the citation. We were all issued FMC 7.17.010 DRINKING IN PUBLIC. This is the first offense that any of us have gotten.

I did go to court earlier this week,to see if I can see the judge.But was told I had to come back on my court date, the 20th which is this coming up Thursday.

There is no way we are going to contest this, I just would like to know how much the fee will be. Also I read online that there can be jail time for this misdemeanor, just wanted to know the likeliness of getting the jail time.

Thank you very much in advance for the help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">