• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers License run around...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WesWittig

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am completely unsure where to post this question, so forgive me if I am in the wrong section, but there seems to be no other section for the problem I have found myself in.

Back in 2003, I got a traffic ticket in Jacksonville, FL. (Duval County) At the time, I was told it was a written warning by the constable, but apparently I was wrong, because when I tried to renew my license, I was told I had a suspension held on my license from Utah (issuing state).

I have called Clay County, Duval County, and St. John's county clerks all with no luck in finding this mystery ticket. All tell me I have to contact Utah to get my license cleared, that they can find no ticket in their system. I have also contacted Utah to have them tell me that the ticket was from 2003 in Florida, and that I would have to contact Florida and pay the ticket to have my license cleared.

Bottom line, I have called every office and court in the Florida counties near and around Jacksonville trying to locate this ticket, with no luck. And both officers just tell me to contact the other.

My question is, what do I need to do to get my license renewed? I just want to pay off this ticket and get it done with, but I can't find the ticket to get this taken care of. The only thing I can think of now is to hire a lawyer to help me, but I am afraid that will be too expensive. So if there is another way, please, any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I am completely unsure where to post this question, so forgive me if I am in the wrong section, but there seems to be no other section for the problem I have found myself in.

Back in 2003, I got a traffic ticket in Jacksonville, FL. (Duval County) At the time, I was told it was a written warning by the constable, but apparently I was wrong, because when I tried to renew my license, I was told I had a suspension held on my license from Utay (issuing state).

I have called Clay County, Duval County, and St. John's county clerks all with no luck in finding this mystery ticket. All tell me I have to contact Utah to get my license cleared, that they can find no ticket in there system. I have also contacted Utah to have them tell me that the ticket was from 2003 in Florida, and that I would have to contact Florida and pay the ticket to have my license cleared.

Bottom line, I have called every office and court in the Florida counties near and around Jacksonville trying to locate this ticket, with no luck. And both officers just tell me to contact the other.

My question is, what do I need to do to get my license renewed? I just want to pay off this ticket and get it done with, but I can't find the ticket to get this taken care of. The only thing I can think of now is to hire a lawyer to help me, but I am afraid that will be too expensive. So if there is another way, please, any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Try this:
http://www.nationaldriverregister-forms.org/ndr/state_forms/national_driver_register_-_state_driver_record_request_forms.html

WesWittig

Ok, in doing that, would I obtain a driving record from the state of Utah, or the state of Florida? I ordered it once, paid 25 bucks for my records, got a document to fax a form to them signing an agreement to release the records.. then I got nothing. The next thing they sent me was another form to sign to release my records, then nothing.

Is there somewhere I could go to obtain my driving records? I don't mind buying them, but I want them, not just to pay somebody to give me a run around.

I_Got_Banned

Ok, in doing that, would I obtain a driving record from the state of Utah, or the state of Florida?
I'd Request BOTH! Although if the citation in question was issued in FL, then I can only assume that it should appear on your FL record.

Is there somewhere I could go to obtain my driving records? I don't mind buying them, but I want them, not just to pay somebody to give me a run around.
Each state's DMV offices can give you a copy of their respective records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">