• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with suspended license ticket W/knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adoidont

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Reason for suspension.
DUI in my parking spot. The case was dismissed but the DMV still see's it fit for me to not drive for a year.

The situation.
Seemingly had to drive, and minding my own business going the speed limit Mr. Cop feels the need to run my tag and comes back with suspended license. Also he searches my car for no good reason. Then I go to jail and now I have a beauty of a nightmare on my hands.

Solution
I'm going to hire a lawyer that's a given. Also I'm not driving anymore until I have a license again. I have to have the case dismissed due to the fact that this will make me a habitual offender and I'm not willing to lose my license for 5 years without a fight.

My question.
Do I have any defense if I really didn't know I had knowledge vs. without knowledge? Beyond that do I have any defense at all? Reasons for dismissal?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciate and even bashing welcomed!

You say in your other thread that you just got your DUI case dismissed. That was a week ago. You've already messed up again?! I hope that lawyer you hire is a good one, this charge is right up there with the one you just beat. I don't see any defense, police are allowed to run your tags whenever they wish. And no, you didn't HAVE to drive. I wouldn't even try to feed that line to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">