• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping a charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dodat

My son is scheduled for arraignment for simple battery and aggravated battery next week.....I just found out that the District Attorney's office dropped the simple battery charge against him. Why did they do this because my son states and has witnesses that he committed the simple battery, but his friend committed the aggravated battery charge. Why would the DA office drop the charge that he is trying to admit to doing. We live in Louisiana.....Please answer because I am confused about this mess.....If there is no evidence that proves he did the simple battery, how can there be evidence that he committed the aggravated battery. He is still sitting in jail for a charge he did not do...HELP. Thanks for the imput.

[Edited by dodat on 11-14-2000 at 11:24 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">