• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenwood8323

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have a question involving dropping a charge of reckless endangerment on my ex boyfriend. I went to his house and caught him with another girl. Needless to say I was pissed off, but to top it, I had just had emergency surgery 3 days prior. When he opened the door and I started yelling at him, he shot a gun into the yard to shut me up and scare me (he was very drunk and using coke at the time, not that it makes it okay). I went to the police and they said that because I told the detective that I was not scared for my life or safety( this was not the first time it happened, but I was making sure it would be the last before he really did hurt me), that the reckless eandangerment was all I could file. He is already on probation for an unrelated reckless endangerment and possession of paraphanelia charge. He's violated 4 or 5 times and has served 3 weeks for it. By having a warrant out for him, it has violated again. So he's gonna serve about 7 months without the reckless endangerment. But I'm afraid that the reckless endangerment will keep him in jail for years, which I don't want to be responsible for. Is there anything that I can do to make sure this doesn't happen? I want him to be punished, but I can't live with myself knowing I put him in jail for that long. Also another question, is it possible for him to be indicted for aggravated assault or a similiar charge if the police found the bullet shells? I just want to put all of this behind me and be dine with it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Son of Slam

What would make you think you could go over to some mans house and start yelling at him. You're just lucky he's a bad shot. I'm sure he'll have to spend a lot of time thinking about how you messed up his life.

H

hmmbrdzz

Don't worry about him. You can't drop the charges anyhow. Read your last sentence: "I just want to put it all behind and be done with it". Be done with HIM! Get a new life.

hmmbrdzz

AmosMoses

Ma'am,

Please, right now, get a washcloth and wipe that damned "victim" tatoo off of your forehead. This guy stays cranked to the gills and juiced, and evidently endangers people at a whim whenever he wants. Forget it. Go to court and testify when needed, and let the chips fall where they may. The only thing you need to worry about dropping on him is a batch of hard time!! You know why he keeps doing this, and violating 4 or 5 times? Cuz he has NEVER been held accountable. Next time, he may edge that gun over about twentry degrees and push a 158 grain JHP through your pretty little head!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">