• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropping No Contact Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phantasm

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello,

I have a rather unusual situation where no one involved knows what to do.

In early Aug, I was babysitting my friends daughter for the day at my home. During the end of the day, she had taken a nap upstairs while I was working in my living room. During this time, my probation officer showed up for a random check-up on me and decided to search through the house.

While searching my landlords bedroom (Shared living with 4 tenants) he had found marijuana paraphernalia hidden in there and called the police to search the rest of the house. The police found my friends daughter sleeping, placed my landlord, the daughter and myself under arrest for possession of paraphernalia and charged my landlord and myself with Corruption of the Morals of a Minor.

The daughter was found guilty of possession in Juvenile court and was sentanced to 6 months probation.

My landlord plead guilty to Paraphernalia and got 6 months ARD.

I just plead out to paraphernalia and got 12 months ARD.

Here is the killer of it all...

They are ALL like family to me. When I moved to PA with no friends or family 2 years ago, they took me in as one of their own. Much of my time had been spent helping Wendy with house work since she is physically disabled, and in the afternoons taking the kids out to movies, playgrounds, etc... Things they really haven't been able to do since their mom had been in her car accident.

As part of their daughters probation, there is a 6 month no contact order. Everyone in the family is against this order and want to find some way to vacate/lift the order so we can be a happy family again.

If anyone has any advice to get our lives back to normal, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
RK Davies

S

seniorjudge

"...If anyone has any advice to get our lives back to normal, it would be greatly appreciated...."

Move

and

Stay away from these people

Phantasm

I wish it was that easy, probation has me stuck here in PA, no other friends or family in the area for another year :(

S

seniorjudge

seniorjudge said:
"...If anyone has any advice to get our lives back to normal, it would be greatly appreciated...."

Stay far away from these people but stay in your state
I have modified my advice

Have you ever heard that old saying;

"Well, I was looking for a job when I found this one!"

Equally it also applies to new "families".

Good Luck. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">