• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV 4th degree and Mal injury to property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Thomas Hay

Wasington State, Yakima County, City of Yakima Court.

Charged with DV 4th degree (spitting at girlfriend) and Mal damage to property (throwing cup into street).

Prosecutor and victim have agreed to dismiss the charge of DV, although keeping the Mal damage to property-- it would be an SOC with 1 year probation and anger management classes.

I went to Status Conferance, and the judge started saying "well this isn't the first time you've been before this court......" (I had an SOC for telephone harassment many years ago)...case was continued because my attorney wasn't there.......

My question is, is that even if the prosecution wants to dismiss the charge of DV can the judge say NO and go on with it??? I am worried because I am an RN, meaning that if the DV went to SOC or conviction, it would have a profound impact on my career.....

What I am worried about

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">