• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DWI 1ST.AND FAILURE TO REG. CAR. LA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BELKIN

I JUST GOT A DWI AND MY CAR WAS NOT REG.IN MY NAME YET. THIS IS THE ONLY DWI AND THE ONLY TICKET EVER GOTTEN.THE OFFICER ALSO SAID THAT I BROKE HIS LOCK ON HIS DOOR IN THE BACK SEAT. I THOUGHT THEY DID NOT HAVE LOCKS IN THE BACK. SO HE CHARGED ME WITH CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO HIS CAR. I SPENT ONE NIGHT IN A JAIL CELL. MY CAR WAS IMPUNDED. ALONG WITH A BIG FINE WHICH I CAN NOT PAY ALL AT ONE TIME DO THEY LET A PERSON MAKE MONTHLY PAYMENTS? WHAT ELSE CAN I BE FACING? THIS IS LOUISIANA.

T

Tracey

They should let you make payments. However, one never knows in Louisiana. :) Talk to the district court clerk about setting up a payment schedule. Then stick to it! If you miss a payment, you can be hauled off to jail where you'll "pay" your fine at the rate of $50/day..... that's the rate in Washington, anyway.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">