• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

e-mail as evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justwonder

A hotmail account was set up by one individual on his computer, and also used by two other individuals (who were given the password). In court can any e-mails from that account be considered "Compromised" due to the fact that three people accessed the account so one person can't be pinpointed, although an IP address is found?

G

Gilead

E-Mail Privacy

There is nothing in this country to protect the privacy of e-mail. I would imagine that the person who owns the e-mail account will be held accountable for any and all messages sent and recieved. By giving out the password to the account, you are stating that you agree with or know about all subject matter regarding the individual messages. Therefore, if you give someone access to you e-mail account and they send a death threat it will be considered a threat from the person who owns the account.

This is only my opinion, if I were a juror on a case involving something like this: I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone besides the owner of the account was guilty. After all, why would anyone "loan" their e-mail account to anyone in the first place? A person can get their own e-mail account for free on numerous web sites!

H

Humble Warrior

See GiLead....Then go to jail,directly to jail,do not pass GO,do not collect $200

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">