• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-mail Hacking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Steve Hammond

My wife and I are getting a divorce, I found an e-mail account in her name. I asked for a new password and was given one by answering the questions the web site required. When I went into the account I found some really good evidence that I can use to support my claims of her instability. Can I use this information? but more important than that, can I get into trouble by accessing her account? There is a restraining order against me, Which states I am not suppose to contact her or the kids, go to their school or to the family home. Nothing says I can't access the e-mail account. Should I use the information which will incriminate and the use of her e-mail account, but will establish my case. I know it's illegal to open anothers U.S. Mail but do the same laws apply to e-mail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">