• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elderly Neighbor's Epithets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdotmatrix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My next door neighbor, an elderly viet nam veteran and I have fallen out of friendship over the years.

whenever I am within earshot I can hear him calling me names and cursing me. Yeah, in the year 2010, 40yrs out of high school, and I have to deal with this ****.

My wife thinks it is funny although she hasn't heard him do this and it has been going on for about 2 years now.

What can I do?

i was thinking about getting a parabolic dish and recording him as i am casually going about my business on my property. I never ever look over there or acknowledge i can ever hear him.

I want to go to the police but i would think that would escalate the situation and the SOB has a handgun. I just think he is a little scary living right next door to us; 22 yrs.. :confused:

vdotmatrix

What exactly do you wish to accomplish?
cease and desist

what would you hope to have happen if you were in a similar situation?

i have heard of situations like this end in tragedy because no one did any thing while a nutcases' brain scrambled.

what recourse do i have.

RRevak

cease and desist

what would you hope to have happen if you were in a similar situation?

i have heard of situations like this end in tragedy because no one did any thing while a nutcases' brain scrambled.

what recourse do i have.
Well you could either A.) move or B.) build a nice large privacy fence between you and said strange neighbor and ignore his/her ramblings. I personally would go with option B.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">