• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

email threat?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manowar27

What is the name of your state? IL

If you were to receive the following email, how would you view it? As a threat? Or as someones advice and/or opinion?

" Don't do anything stupid my friend. All hell could break loose"

Since there is no mention of bodily harm or physical injury, would this be regarded as a threat?

gawm

Are you here to judge and criticize, or to answer questions that people have?
I was just asking a simple question. If I was judging or criticizing I would of asked if that was the email you were going to send to that underage girl you met in the teenage chat room (mentioned in your other thread) to keep her from telling her parents about you? But I didn't, did I?

Apology accepted!

manowar27

Isn't that comment slanderous? There never was an underage girl ANYWHERE. YOU said there was. I never had any communications with anyone other than adults.

Now, back to the question about the email threat**************...how would you view it?

CdwJava

Coupled with other actions or similar comments, such an e-mail COULD be a crime. If you are asking to see if you are safe in sending it, don't do it.

- Carl

gawm

Isn't that comment slanderous?
Nope
There never was an underage girl ANYWHERE
I hope not!
YOU said there was.
I just told you what I would have said if I was judging or criticizing.
I never had any communications with anyone other than adults.
How do you Know?
Now, back to the question about the email threat**************...how would you view it?
It all depends on the context the response is to. In my opinion it would be hard to prove it was a threat.

manowar27

There were no other actions or similar comments. It was a one time thing, occurring last December 2005. Obviously, it wasn't taken seriously or something would have happened by now right? I think I'm just guilty/paranoid over doing something stupid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">