• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

email virus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GIANNA1227

What is the name of your state? ct
my ex-boyfriend sent an email virus to my job - intentionally. I didn't download it - But what should I do? Is there anything I can do?

ohdan

GIANNA1227 said:
my ex-boyfriend sent an email virus to my job - intentionally. I didn't download it - But what should I do? Is there anything I can do?
Has he been violent or threatend to hurt you? If so, and he's harrassing you, you should be able to file a temporary restraining order against him. So, with that in effect, the next time he would try to contact you he could be held in contempt of that order

Emailing a virus is in itself not a crime that I know of, it's just juvenille.

For information regarding TRO's, please see this page: Click Here

S

seniorjudge

GIANNA1227 said:
Call the attorney general's office in your state and ask them if this is a crime.

I suspect (but do not know) that this is a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">