• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzelment accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vickers1

I am being accused of owing 27K in overpaid expenses by my former employer. All expense reports were approved by a manager. Am I still liable for this? What are my rights? Do I need an attorney? Help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vickers1 said:
I am being accused of owing 27K in overpaid expenses by my former employer. All expense reports were approved by a manager. Am I still liable for this? What are my rights? Do I need an attorney? Help!

My response:

I just love questions like - -

"What are my rights?"

This is especially so when a writer can't read, or won't follow, the simple instructions in RED words.

This writer will get no assistance from me.

Anybody else want it?

IAAL

V

vickers1

so sorry

this ky redhead is quite stressed. if anyone out there can overlook the mistakes in my initial post and offer any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

calatty

If the expenses were legitimate, then you should not have anything to fear from saying anything about them. If they were not, then it doesn't matter who approved them, and you should not discuss the matter with anyone. If and when criminal charges are being filed against you, or the police ask to speak to you, you should get an attorney.

D

dankk

how do they figure 27K?

This is a math problem first then a legal problem.

YOUR JOB is to gether your reciepts tax forms depsoit slips anything that shows income from this employer, and then look for ways you might have been overpaid

If there are none, then you wont have aproblem, but 27K is a lot, so it must be that something was approved by the manager who didnt have a clue about their job, about what is reimbursable and what is not.

They are looking for fraud, or money that was reimbursed to you that you just signed a reciept for such as charging the company for a first class hotel, but you stayed in a Motel 6 and pocket the difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">