• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stretchdg

What is the name of your state? CA

I was an accounting/office manager for a company working very long hard hours without overtime pay...the owner would not pay it...I was not on salary but on hourly. I was not allowed to write my hours down @ work so I did at home. This company has several violations I needed to report to DOL/IRS/etc. but because my husband was laid off of work and I was supporting my pregnant daughter and 2 children, I did not want to risk losing my job and being out of work and income, so I did something I knew was so very wrong but the stress and pressure was too much for me, so I compensated myself. The owner has discovered it and now wants to prosecute me if I do not repay him immediately. I cannot repay him and I know I need to file charges for sexual harrassement, offering to sell me drugs, etc. The reasons for my error does not excuse them, but neither does theirs. Please help.:confused: :confused:

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

so, you were all ready to compromise your values and put up with sexual harrassment and being offered drugs up until you got caught stealing? get a life or better yet get another job and pay the money back

D

DMoorman

I went through a similiar situation with a former employer that was actually my ex husband. I paid myself as I had done for twelve years and when I filed for divorce he filed charges against me. I was put on probation as I had to tell the truth and did sign the checks as I had done for twelve years. But, from reading your post I'm really thinking that anyone is going to think you're out to get him at this point by filing sexual harassment and other charges against him. Especially if he's already spoken to the police or even his own attorney. Did you get fired from the company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">