• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

judds

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am in a partnership agreement with 2 other people. One of whom is divorced and is being sued for more child support. To reduce his income to which he has to report he is writing checks to a company he has set up as a vender for consulting fee's. He invoices our company for a certain $ ammount for consulting that never happens. It is a real company with a tax id# but they never do any consulting. Is this illegal? More importantly can our company be held responsible and can I as a partner in the company be held responsible. All the partners have knowledge of this and have just assumed it was ok, but I am a little concerned.

Thanks,

JETX

"Is this illegal?"
*** Yes.

"can our company be held responsible and can I as a partner in the company be held responsible."
*** Since this fraud is being done with your knowledge and assistance, yes.

Additionally, there are all types of potential tax and accounting fraud potentials in your actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">