• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wobbler

i was the stock supervisor for Gap and Gapkids. i was terminated because they labeled me as the "ring leader" of employees stealing. basically they had a privite investigator come in and talked to employees and what not. all in all, 5 were teminated. i was hired on january 31. so as i talked to the investigator, i told him that i open the back door 3 times and when employees would ask me if i wanted anything, i would usually get a few things. so i was apart of the scheme for about two monthes. the investigator asked me how much stuff was taken and he came up with an estimate. 8 items in a bag, 34 dollars and item, 6 times a month for however many monthes i was there; came out to be some $12,489.37. which that is insanely high. i told them and returned the stolen merchandice and it totaled about $300. i recieved a letter from a civil recovery company stating that i need to pay them by january 10th. i don't exactly have the finance to do that. i'm wondering if I should pay the fine, even though it is an extreme estimate, instead of trying to fight it in court. will i get anything on my record if i just pay it back? any information would be very helpful to me. plus i'm planning on filing a sexual harrasment case on my former store manager. she wanted me to have her baby and many other things that were inappropriate.:confused:

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney and next time before you do anything stupid like that again, fill that gap in your brain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">