• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlement advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klendy

What is the name of your state? mt
i have not formally been charged but was let go because of my embezzlement. i know i did it and want to pay full restitution.
i want to know if there are things my family should be doing to
protect ourselves or to get prepared.i was to promised i wouldn't be prosecuted but i need to be prepared.

S

sdstrooper

If you aren't going to be prosecuted, then they are probably preparing to seize your money and/or assets as restitution for your embezzlement.

JETX

"then they are probably preparing to seize your money and/or assets as restitution for your embezzlement."
*** Not really true. The criminal aspect of this charge does not allow seizure of the assets, for restitution or otherwise. The criminal charge only provides for sentencing and/or fines. However, an agreement of restitution could be a part of any negotiated plea bargain (if offered). And you are also likely looking at a separate civil claim by the employer to recover their 'damages' (amount stolen).

S

sdstrooper

You're right. I was assuming he had some sort of deal / plea bargain in the works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">