• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

embezzlment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auburn56

I gave my employer access to my American Express card to help cover corporate overhead on condition that he send me a list of charges prior to using the card so that I could sign off and approve them each month. He had agreed to pay off the card every month. He paid $22,000 to Amex to cover the bill for March and his cheque bounced. Before I or Amex found out about it, he ran up another $39,000 on the card without my knowledge, let alone my written authorization, as we had agreed. In fact I had sent him an email telling him not to use the card again, and changed the number. He continued to charge the card. I am now responsible for $61, 000 in debt. My employer lives in California, I reside in Toronto. Can I charge him with embezzlment and or the fraudulent use of the card? If so do I go after him in California?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">