• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment with criminal record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

welmerlw

I was convicted 3 years ago with a petty theft misdemeanor. Currently I am applying for new jobs that require background checks. Is a petty theft midemeanor considered a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust?
Any professional opinions?

seniorjudge

welmerlw said:
I was convicted 3 years ago with a petty theft misdemeanor. Currently I am applying for new jobs that require background checks. Is a petty theft midemeanor considered a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust?
Any professional opinions?
Q: Is a petty theft midemeanor considered a crime involving dishonesty or breach of trust?

A: Yes.

fairisfair

what kind of jobs are you applying for? what leads you to ask the question regarding dishonesty and breach of trust?

stephenk

Almost all employers ask just for felony convictions. Is your potential employer asking for all convictions?

mlane58

stephenk said:
Almost all employers ask just for felony convictions. Is your potential employer asking for all convictions?
That's incorrect. Almost all employers ask for misdemeanor convictions as well

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">