• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment question regarding record discloser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kooldela

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Hi I live in New York City and I have a disorderly conduct from 2009. I am apply for a pest control job and the application ask: Have you ever been convicted of received a sentence for, pled nolo contendere to, been placed on probation , or fined by any judicial or quasi-judicial body for a crime, other than a minor traffic violation? (arrest records and juvenile, sealed and expunged records should not be disclosed

I was told in 2009 that my record is partly sealed.

Do I have to say yes to this question?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Explain please?
The question the OP was asked was regarding crimes. Disorderly conduct is not a crime. It is classified as a "violation".

A crime is either a felony or a misdemeanor. Disorderly conduct is neither of these.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This is not a plug and I'm not associated with or recommending the follow site at all. Just posting it for information:

http://newyorkcitydefense.com/disorderly-conduct-new-york.html
Geez... if the writer of that information is an attorney I'd hate to hear him speak in a court room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">