• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Endorsement Forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mat76ren

What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in possession of a check made out to Jane Doe in the amount of $1000. I endorsed Jane Doe's name to the back of the check and then signed my own name. I deposited said check in my bank account. The question is: how long does Jane Doe have to file charges? In other words, is there a statute of limitations on the time frame Jane Doe has to claim she did not sign the check.

You Are Guilty

mat76ren said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I was in possession of a check made out to Jane Doe in the amount of $1000. I endorsed Jane Doe's name to the back of the check and then signed my own name. I deposited said check in my bank account. The question is: how long does Jane Doe have to file charges? In other words, is there a statute of limitations on the time frame Jane Doe has to claim she did not sign the check.
Uh, your problem isn't Jane, its the State of Florida (and possibly the Justice Dept?) coming after you for the criminal act of forging a signature.

GetUpKid

Not a very good idea.

:eek: If the "Jane Doe" in question wasn't you (and it wasn't), you just committed some form of fraud. Let's hope that "Jane" doesn't get wind of this or is a really good friend of yours that will let you pay her back the grand plus that you now owe her.

Seriously, was the $1,000 really worth all this stress? I don't know about a statute of limitations, but it couldn't be worth that much pressure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">