• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entrapment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Coburg22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado,

Hello,

This morning I was on the phone on a dating chat line here in Denver. This person wanted me to give my phone number, which I did via message and when he called back, he asked if I was going to satisfy him orally and through intercourse of which I agreed because it was between two consenting adults. Then he said he was with the FBI and I committed a Federal Crime and could go to prison at which point I hung up. There was never an offer of an exchange of money or goods, just casual sex like you would find on any mature dating site or Craigslist under Casual Encounters. Anyway, I guess my question is, was there anything illegal about agreeing to that on the phone? He was 24 and I 44 but he sounded much older. I think he was just trying to scare the crap out of me and/or perhaps blackmail me. He stated he was staying at a hotel and I noticed he had an Oklahoma area code so I assume he is here for the National Western Stock Show. I think I am okay but just wanted to cover my ass! I also highly doubt that a FBI agent would be on a adult chat line.

Thanks in Advance!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
There is apparently no crime here that I am aware of. If it was legit I can't see an FBI agent advising you over the phone that you committed a crime.

Maybe you should learn a lesson - when you "meet" people in unconventional ways you're going to run into a large percentage of nuts and you're taking big risks by meeting them or giving them your phone number.

Craigslist, phone sex lines, and the like are not very good ways to meet people.

swalsh411

No it wasn't the FBI. It was some idiot who tries to scare people for kicks. The FBI does not announce in advance their intention to arrest you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">