• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

4bees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
Not sure if this is correct place to post. My 18 year old step-daughter was asked to leave the home about a month ago. She took some of her personal belongings with her that night and a deputy witnessed this even asked her if she had everything. She told him yes. Then a week ago she wanted to get more things from the home. All things that we have purchased. We told it would be better to just give her the stuff and move on. But were advised to bag it up, make arangements for her dad and I to both be there when she got her stuff. Then have her sign that she had recieved all of her things. We have not had an opportunity to do so due to work schedules. I noticed this morning that someone had been in her room and had taken things. Conveintly these were the items she was wanting. The rest of her things dumped and slung around the room. We put in for a change of address and changed the keyless entry code the day after she moved out. Is there anything we can do since she did not have permission to be there and are not sure how she got in.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
Not sure if this is correct place to post. My 18 year old step-daughter was asked to leave the home about a month ago. She took some of her personal belongings with her that night and a deputy witnessed this even asked her if she had everything. She told him yes. Then a week ago she wanted to get more things from the home. All things that we have purchased. We told it would be better to just give her the stuff and move on. But were advised to bag it up, make arangements for her dad and I to both be there when she got her stuff. Then have her sign that she had recieved all of her things. We have not had an opportunity to do so due to work schedules. I noticed this morning that someone had been in her room and had taken things. Conveintly these were the items she was wanting. The rest of her things dumped and slung around the room. We put in for a change of address and changed the keyless entry code the day after she moved out. Is there anything we can do since she did not have permission to be there and are not sure how she got in.
You illegally evicted her. How much trouble do you want to risk?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh this one is a peach:
I am considering a divorce from my husband of 15 years. We have 3 children together he has sole custody of his 16 year old daughter. I have two questions.
1. His daughter doesn't want to go with him she wants to stay with her "family and Home"(her words) Can she stay with me?
Apparently the same one she just threw out.

Then to ecmst:
ok so not taking advise from an insurance adjustor, they lie as much as an attorney.
Then abut the forum in general:
You all think I'm rude get a grip on something besides your ego!! All the post on this site have attacked the step parent so screw you.
Then this gem:
I love my step daughter like she was born mine.
Hopefully HER children realize that they are going to get thrown out illegally at some point as well. They better start packing now.

To Tinker:
Your opinion doesn't matter either.
So therefore this individual really owes an apology to the members of the forum and needs to beg and scrape before she should be helped since we are all rude.

4bees

I'm not sure what these other post are about, but this is the first I have posted. Would someone explain how I illegally evicted her? Also side note I wasn't the one to ask her to leave her dad did.

CSO286

I'm not sure what these other post are about, but this is the first I have posted. Would someone explain how I illegally evicted her? Also side note I wasn't the one to ask her to leave her dad did.
Your post count would indicate otherwise.

4bees

I know different,but I am not here to argue just hopefully to get some answers. Although it would not be hard for anyone that knows my info to post things(almost all my passwords are the same) Once again not here to offend or argue just get answers please.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I know different,but I am not here to argue just hopefully to get some answers. Although it would not be hard for anyone that knows my info to post things(almost all my passwords are the same) Once again not here to offend or argue just get answers please.
You got your answers before you were outed.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really/ The first you have posted but you managed to log in to a username without having to create it with no issues? You illegally evicted her by throwing her out without giving proper legal notice. Other than that, you are a liar. Apparently you didn't divorce her father.

4bees

I didn't plan on a divorce. Still not sure what has happened with login. I am NOT a liar but thanks for your opinion. After going back an reading the prior post I think I know what happened. That stated! How should she have been asked to leave? She never paid rent, and was doing illegal things. She was given a choice to follow the law and rules of the home or she could leave.Rules for the home pick up your things, call if your not coming home(so we didn't worry) and help fold the laundry.

LdiJ

I didn't plan on a divorce. Still not sure what has happened with login. I am NOT a liar but thanks for your opinion. After going back an reading the prior post I think I know what happened. That stated! How should she have been asked to leave? She never paid rent, and was doing illegal things. She was given a choice to follow the law and rules of the home or she could leave.Rules for the home pick up your things, call if your not coming home(so we didn't worry) and help fold the laundry.
As an adult she became a "tenant" even though she did not pay any rent. Therefore you could not force her to leave the way that you did. You had to follow the procedures for a legal eviction. You did not. You also made it difficult for her to retrieve her belongings. A "landlord" cannot do that. Now you want to try to do something to her because she managed to get into the house and retrieve some of her belongings anyway. Its simply not going to fly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">