• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Euthanasia???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phoenixLAW

This event occurred in the state of Georgia.

A car crashes into the side of an overpass on a highway. Two patrol officers respond to the scene and find the driver stuck in the vehicle which has caught on fire. The driver then proceeds to beg the female police officer who is trying to get her safely out of the vehicle, to kill her (shoot her with her gun). After several attempts, the officer cannot get her out of the car and agrees to shot the female driver. She takes one shot and shoots her in the head killing her. What charges are against the officer if there are any. There must be right? How would the court take care of this matter. Which court would take care of this matter? What would most likely happen in this case? If anyone can respond to this that would be great. Just curious because I need some info about this because of a mock trial that I will be involved in in a couple days. Thanks...

AlanShore

Well the charges could be various, depending on the situation-witnesses and personal opinions of the DA. Are you arguing for the defense or are you the prosecuter in the mock trial?

BelizeBreeze

This event occurred in the state of Georgia.

A car crashes into the side of an overpass on a highway. Two patrol officers respond to the scene and find the driver stuck in the vehicle which has caught on fire. The driver then proceeds to beg the female police officer who is trying to get her safely out of the vehicle, to kill her (shoot her with her gun). After several attempts, the officer cannot get her out of the car and agrees to shot the female driver. She takes one shot and shoots her in the head killing her. What charges are against the officer if there are any. There must be right? How would the court take care of this matter. Which court would take care of this matter? What would most likely happen in this case? If anyone can respond to this that would be great. Just curious because I need some info about this because of a mock trial that I will be involved in in a couple days. Thanks...
Murder.

And the only reason I responded was you were honest. We usually do NOT do your homework for you.

AlanShore

Like I said depending on the DA's personal views the charge could range. Murder to Manslaughter. Though if your in the south you could bet on a more conservative pro life judge, who stand against euthanasia. It make for an interesting jury trial, but I think the case could be won, atleast end up with a hung jury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">