• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

notguilty11

What is the name of your state? California
My finace has been in custody now for close to 4 months in the Los Angeles County Jail. The court dates are always being put over another month or longer and yet he has to sit there waiting. We have an attorney but seem to be getting the run around with this. He says that there are some communication tapes from the police department that haven't been turned over for him and the D.A to hear and that those are a very important factor in putting the case together. I've been hearing the same thing since day 1, and can't believe it's taking this long! My fiance said that the Judge ordered those tapes to be released by the next court date which is in a few days, but again I spoke to the attorney and he said that he hasn't received them from the D.A. yet so the hearing will be put over AGAIN. Isn't there a law that says that all evidence must be submitted within a certain amount of time? Please help me understand the laws regarding this because we have 4 kids that need their daddy home.

calatty

Four months is not a long time for both sides to prepare for trial. Better a well-prepared attorney than one who is rushing through it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

calatty said:
Four months is not a long time for both sides to prepare for trial. Better a well-prepared attorney than one who is rushing through it.

My response:

Well, finally!

Here's what appears to be a fairly "neutral", non-liberal, non-conservative, response to a criminal question.

Calatty must be "seeing the light".

Now, if I can just push you over to the conservative side of the practice of law, I might just one day read a response from you that says something like . . .

"You know lady, you're husband obviously was involved in something anti-social. Therefore, he's where he's supposed to be and, as far as I'm concerned, he can rot in jail."

You know, Calatty; something along those lines.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

Somehow I knew when I requested updates to this thread it was going to make my day.

hmmbrdzz

H

hmmbrdzz

If you think about it, though, that statement holds no true meaning -- especially for the one who's been sitting in a county jail for the last 4 months due to postponements. :)

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">