• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yrots

my ex-wife filed our federal tax return(we were separated for almost a year at the time)with my permission, with the understanding that we would split the money 50/50 but she received the check and signed her name and my name on the back, which i find out 2 months later. she is a felon with 3 more years of parole for forgery and embezzlement in arkansas. what are my legal rights? do i need to find a criminal attorney or what? i am really dumb when it comes to the law. Help!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

yrots said:
my ex-wife filed our federal tax return(we were separated for almost a year at the time)with my permission, with the understanding that we would split the money 50/50 but she received the check and signed her name and my name on the back, which i find out 2 months later. she is a felon with 3 more years of parole for forgery and embezzlement in arkansas. what are my legal rights? do i need to find a criminal attorney or what? i am really dumb when it comes to the law. Help!
My response:

You're also "really dumb" for trusting someone who is "a felon with 3 more years of parole for forgery and embezzlement . . ."

What do you hope to gain? If she's a felon, who steals money, do you really think you're going to see any money?

If you just want to have her "violated", her parole will be revoked, and she'll be forced to serve the rest of her time behind bars.

But, when it comes to "your" money, doing that, and a dime, won't get your money back. So, get your proof, and make a trip to the D.A.'s office, file a criminal complaint, and let the rest go.
The D.A. will make her a "guest" of the State, and that'll be about it.

IAAL

J

james bond

A wife singing a husbands name is not legal with or without your permission.Report her to the local athorities and file a felony complaint.That will teach her.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

james bond said:
A wife singing a husbands name is not legal with or without your permission.Report her to the local athorities and file a felony complaint.That will teach her.
My response:

1. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

2. Learn how to spell.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">