• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The ex that won't leave...but it gets worse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave1309

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got into a relationship with this person about 8 months ago and after about a month she moved in with me, things went downhill fast after that in our relationship and I ended it after about 2 months. She is still living in my house now (6 months afterwards) and won't leave. That's only problem #1.
Not only that, but after digging thru some of her stuff recently while she was out, I found out that she is wanted in another county for violation of her probation (felony charges)and that she's also been indicted for fraudulantly trying to aquire a controlled substance in the same county that she has violated her probation in.
I've been trying to evict her for 6 months without any success and the relationship between her and myself has been over for at least that long as well. Being that I know this stuff about her and that she's still living in my house in spite of my telling her that she needs to move out, if she gets found out before I can get her to leave, could I get in any trouble for letting her stay here?

calatty

If you can't get her out, you are not trying hard enough. How about an eviction notice? The sheriff? A restraining order? Maybe you don't really want her to leave. And no, you won't get in trouble.

JETX

If you are sure that she has no tenant status (property in her name, lease, etc.), you can simply decide to change the locks one day while she is out. Be sure to videotape her belongings (to protect yourself against any claim) and pack them up real nice and neat. In fact, you could then take them over to one of those nice little storage rental units, prepay for a month, put the property inside and put a lock on it. When she comes to YOUR house, politely give her a key and say, "its been fun.... but its over".

Y

yoyoma

if she is wanted for probabtion violation you can have a sherriff arrest her...

sorry man the poontang is not worth keeping over this!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">