• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

expectation of privacy vs filming in places where privacy is expected

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gcforeman

tennessee,
I heard you have no expectation of privacy if you are 18 and still ive with your parents and dont pay rent.I know you cannot install hidden cameras without a persons consent in places of expected privacy.And lots of people have told me that parents cannot install hidden cameras in your bedroom/bathroom without your consent.Is this true?

justalayman

paying rent of not has nothing to do with the situation. In a bathroom, a person generallly has a reasonable expectation of privacy. Your bedroom most likely as well. Just about anything else is fair game.

. If it is their property, they can put a camera anywhere they want and if they tell you it's there, you no longer have an expectation of privacy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">